Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Internship!

I started my last internship during my college career today. It's a little surreal. Anyway - if you know me well, you know I spent the summer working for free at a couple museums. I had such a great experience at both places - met so many great people, got some awesome experience in museum work, and it was fun. Unfortunately, I did not get the credits I need for school from either of those experiences because I had not yet taken the required course. If you know me well, you also know that I was not too thrilled about that situation. Regardless, internships are awesome, and I would recommend them to EVERYONE. It's a great way to get some experience with a safety net.

So this internship is at the Chippewa Valley Museum in Eau Claire. They do a really nice job of interpreting the history of the Chippewa Valley. The staff is fabulous, and the facility is beautiful. I did some work previously with the educator there, and I am working with her again. I'll be developing a teachers' guide for their new exhibit and doing some docent work as well. More fabulous experience to add to the resume. And it should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment